Field stripping guide for model 97

.22LR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:33 am
Good day!

I'm becoming the proud owner of a rebuilt model 97 trench gun, 100+ years old, I don't have the serial number yet. Anyway, it's a solid frame version. Never having owned a shotgun I'm going to need to learn how to clean it properly after firing. The barrel is a no brainer, I've used bore snakes before. The receiver block is another matter though. Every time I Google I get complicated instructions for takedown versions and massive disassembly instructions. I don't need this info. I just need to know how to clean after leaving the range. Teardown cleaning if needed I'll go to a gunsmith, their the pros.

Thanks for your help! Everyone was great helping me with the older Winchester 86 shirt rifle I picked up. Got myself a white tail two years ago!!
20g
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:06 am
Good deal on the '97.

Try this link. http://marauder.homestead.com/files/Model97down.html Has takedown and solid.

We had the '97 trench when I was in Korea. USMC Ant-Tank Co, 1st MarDiv. Check my web site link to view my civilian pair. Not trench.
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired CWO3 USCGR

Return to Winchester Model 1897