Winchester 1400 Mk II 12ga

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:34 pm
Hi guys - got a bit of a problem with the 1400. Had to replace the throat on this thing (lucky I managed to find a new old stock part). got it all back together now but the magazine follower seems to be protruding out far enough to cause the Carrier to "catch" on it - naturally, everything stops when this happens. to bring you up to speed, I had to replace the bolt due to the screw that holds the charging handle on the bolt carrier breaking off below the surface - a machine shop tried to remove it with a left hand drill bit but basically mucked up the threads to the point its useless (unless I can rethread it later)..anyway, I replace the bolt with one from a Winchester 1500 (was told its exactly the same bolt). I'm certain I've gotten everything back together correctly and aligned as well. but unless I can get the follower to stay back in the mag tube a bit more, it gun is basically useless...Ive posted up on other forums looking for answers and searching the net as well - which is how I found YOU guys...I'm hoping you can provide some input...AND before we go too far, let me state that I do know this shotgun is obsolete, and that parts are HARD to find...but, repairing it has become a 'personal' issue at this point...ya know what I mean? :)

Return to Shotguns