1873 Parts

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:09 am
Basically to TRY and make a long story short, I have a couple '73's, .38 cal. One is really decent, but a a broken lever and missing the front sight as well as the main spring. The other is really rough, REALLY rough wood, but intact lever and front sight. So I was robbing Peter to pay Paul and switching out parts. Well the main spring on the rough '73 was also broken. So I actually had another '73 lying around and pulled the main spring out of it, stuck it into the decent '73 Well, I knew that alot of those parts are hand fitted, this one just would not fit at all. Got to doing a little research and guess what? The .38 has a single set trigger in it! The main spring on those are much thinner then the standard and it would obviously not fit. Got to looking at the rough '73, it has a single set trigger in it!! And to boot, they are less than 15 serial numbers apart! Had the name and an address of a guy up in Maine, had a machine shop. He did reproduction parts for a lot of Winchesters. Can't seem to find it now. Anybody out there know who I may talking about? If ya do, please let me know, thanks, Coogs.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:31 am
not in Maine, but if Numrich (Gun Parts Corp) or Jack First can't supply a spring.....and you can't cut one from Brownells spring stock, whip a letter or the spring its-self out to Dixie Gun Works (Union City Tn.).
I had to do this to get a left main(hammer) spring for an 1880s rabbit eared shotgun.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:55 am
Try Homestead Parts (www.homesteadparts.com). They manufacture new parts for original Winchester rifles. I've purchased some for an original '73 with excellent results.

Return to Winchester Model 1873