218 bee for a 92

Anything and everything related to ammunition can be posted here.

Moderator: Ridgerunner665

Copper BB
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:34 pm
I have a model 92 in 218bee. The problem I'm having is I cannot find ammo that will cycle threw this gun. The factory ammo I have looks to be about .030 to long and is getting jammed up when it feeds out of the tube. Do any of you guys know where I can buy flat nosed lead or copper bullets for this gun. I would really like to be able to enjoy the gun. You can email me directly at Casdeane@gmail.com

Thank
Chris
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:32 pm
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum Chris !!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:27 pm
Sometimes the problem you are describing is associated with pointed bullets canting sideways in the mag tube, it can be corrected, however its not a good idea to use pointed bullets in any rifle with a tubular magazine. Pointed rounds have the potential to be very dangerous when the pointed bullet rests against the primer of the round in front of it. The recoil produced just from firing the rifle can set off a chain reaction in the mag tube that wouldn't be good for you or the rifle. The only pointed bullet safe for use in lever guns with tubular mags is the FTX by Hornady (leverevolution), it has a soft rubber like tip. It isnt available for your caliber yet, so its best to stick with your plan to look for the flat points. You can still use the pointed bullets that you already have as long as you only put one in the mag at a time. If you are interested reloading, you can get Hornady component flat point bullets, (start saving your empty brass if you havent already). They are available in 40 grain (Hornady part number #2210 Jet). The cartridge overall length when loaded with this bullet would be 1.615" . I hope this helps

Return to Ammunition