Win Mod 70 Trigger

Anything and everything related to firearm maintenance, modification, safety and troubleshooting can be posted here.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:28 am
Hi everyone, I'm new to the board. I've been reading alot on here and I'm totally impressed with the depth of knowledge and experience. That said, I have just recently purchased a Win Mod 70 in 308. It's a New Haven manufacture. The problem I have is two fold in that number one, I'm overseas right now on a contract and I haven't done a take down inspection and cleaning of it yet. The second one is that my brother picked it up from his FFL dealer, who told him he found the trigger to be very light as in the two pound range and did a check by dropping the buttstock on a pad from 10" and it released.
My questions are this:
Is this an accu trigger and can it be adjusted?
How hard is it to replace the trigger and which brand is recommended?
I appreciate any response.

Rick

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:38 am
aganger, it should not be an accu trigger unless it has been retrofitted and I don't know if that is possible as I have never owned a Savage accu trigger rifle. That said, the trigger on your New Haven Model 70 can be worked into a marvelous and safe system by a really good gunsmith. Perhaps a previous owner got a little rambunctious with the adjustments and you can rectify that yourself. That is a long winded way of saying that unless someone did some grinding and "polishing" in there I would not buy a different trigger. That being said a hunting buddy of mine has three Model 70s with Jewell triggers and they are fantastic.

Return to Firearm Maintenance, Modification, Safety And Troubleshooting