Winchester Model 97 Shotgun disassembling

Anything and everything related to firearm maintenance, modification, safety and troubleshooting can be posted here.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:23 pm
Hello all, as the subject says, I have a Model 97, solid frame type. I have searched all over for instructions on how to pull apart a solid frame Model 97. I know, there SHOULDN'T be any differences between a take-down and solid frame when it comes to the action dis-assembly . My issue is once I remove the carrier stop screw, the slide hook screw, and the carrier pin stop screw with the pin, the carrier should slide forward and down, resulting in it's removal. Mine will not for the life of me come apart from the slide hook and bolt. The gun operates freely and seems to function just fine but the carrier will not come out. Am I missing something here?? Any help would be great!! I even followed YouTube videos and Marauder's online manual. Nada, zip, zilch. It isn't dropping out for nothing.
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 3:04 pm
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum !!

Sorry...never had to take down a Model 97, but I'm sure someone here will chime in eventually !

Return to Firearm Maintenance, Modification, Safety And Troubleshooting