Pre 64 model 94 cartridge guides

Anything and everything related to firearm maintenance, modification, safety and troubleshooting can be posted here.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:06 am
I recently purchased a pre 64 model 94. Serial # places it built in 1951. When I fired it for the first time, the cartridge would not feed. I noticed right away that the screws holding in the cartridge guides were loose. I looked high and low for an offset screw driver that would fit, no luck!! Ended up taking it back where I bought it and they tightened the screw. Gunsmith was not forthcoming on what he used to tighten the screws. Any ideas on what is used for those two screws??????? Love the gun, great shape, sweet shooter!!
.22LR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:09 pm
Hi,
I'm a little new here, but have just cleaned up my 1897 year model '94 today.

I used something quite like this:

http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools ... d4980.aspx

But only for the first one, the one on the left side of the receiver (the side with the bullet loading port). Once you take off the bullet port, you can reach the right side screw through the large opening.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:54 pm
Buying from Brownell is a great choice! Notice that the tools that noeqplease posted is that they are MADE IN USA! Don't use Asian made tools on your firearms, ever. If you ever have problem with anything you buy from Brownell, they back it up 100 percent. Lifetime Warranty. I bought all my gunsmithing tools from them. They have high quality gunsmithing screw driver sets that are made for the screws on the Model 94, they have sets for Marlin 336, etc.

Mike T.

Return to Firearm Maintenance, Modification, Safety And Troubleshooting