Strange mod by a previous owner

Anything and everything related to firearm maintenance, modification, safety and troubleshooting can be posted here.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:56 am
Hi all

Went down to the store and had a look at my 1300 which had just arrived from the auction house.

Took it apart to clean and check out and had something very strange, had removed the barrel fine but the action just wouldn't come out. I removed the ejector spring in the hopes of helping (and putting it back eventually was a learning experience) but the action was still butting up against something hard.

Eventually someone else who owns a few Winchesters took a look and noticed a strance screw where there shouldn't be one.

Someone had drilled and tapped a hole and screwed the slide arm bridge to the rest of the bolt assembly with a round-head screw that was standing proud of the bridge and stopping the action from being removed. I removed the screw and everything came out fine, went back in fine and test-fired fine.

Has anyone else seen such a thing? Is the screw solving some particular problem?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:33 am
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum Herne !!

Have nothing to add about that screw...sorry.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:27 am
sounds like maybe there was a laser sight on it that was removed and a screw put back to plug the hole ???

Return to Firearm Maintenance, Modification, Safety And Troubleshooting