Model 67 spring sources?

Anything and everything related to firearm maintenance, modification, safety and troubleshooting can be posted here.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:21 pm
A couple of months back I bought a model 67 bolt action .22 off a guy. I shot it several times and had a couple of misfires but the shells were really old and that was all I had on hand at the time. I finally found .22 in stock over the weekend and bought a couple of boxes of Remington golden bullets. I think it fired 15 in a row before the misfires started again I had several out of the next 10 shots.

I sprayed brake cleaner on the bolt and quite a bit of crud came out. Shot it again and it still misfired. Then I found a video on youtube that showed how to take apart and reassemble the bolt. So I did so and cleaned everything up quite well. Shot it again and it's still doing the same thing. I'm thinking it might need a new spring for the firing pin but neither Numrich or ebay have it. Does anyone know any other possible sources?

This thing is incredibly accurate and the stock has some really nice burl next to the buttplate. I really want it to go boom when I squeeze the trigger.
Welcome to Tennessee, the patron State of shooting stuff.-Bob Lee Swagger
20g
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:31 am
Hello Iktome.......welcome to the Winchester site.

Try homestead:

http://homesteadparts.com/
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired CWO3 USCGR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum Iktome !!

Please introduce yourself to our community in the New Member Welcome Area...

Enjoy the forum !!

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:56 pm
Thanks. I didn't see it listed but I sent an e-mail to see if he had or could get one.
Welcome to Tennessee, the patron State of shooting stuff.-Bob Lee Swagger

Return to Firearm Maintenance, Modification, Safety And Troubleshooting