P.O.I. too high

Anything and everything related to firearm maintenance, modification, safety and troubleshooting can be posted here.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:48 am
recently picked up a Winchester model 94 carbine .30wcf flat band. made in 1946. after disassembling I found it to be in excellent shape other than caked up with old dried out grease & grime. but "low mileage". the bore had been well cared for. bright & shiny with sharp grooves & lands. at the 100 yard range it shot way high. set the rear blade to lowest possible position - no help. there wasn't a front sight hood when purchased so I ordered & installed one from Numrich. the closest I could come to was to use the very top of the front sight hood as the front sight for P.O.I.
Numrich has 3 front sights listed for a 94. but only the .260 inch height is listed for the carbine. which is what is on my mine. their highest front sight { .310 in. } would still be nearly 1/2 inch below the top of the hood.
ammo used was Winchester Super X 150 gr. power point. and Remington 150 gr. core lok SP. I'm hoping these current cartridges aren't too hot for this fine old rifle. or responsible for the high hits.
am I doomed to sticking a bead on the top of my hood ?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:55 am
Thread moved to correct sub forum....

Copper BB
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:49 pm
thanks Shooter 13. realized just as soon as I clicked submit my question was in the wrong category & couldn't find how to correct it. good eye bro

Return to Firearm Maintenance, Modification, Safety And Troubleshooting