New SXP owner, need help

Anything and everything related to firearm maintenance, modification, safety and troubleshooting can be posted here.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:56 pm
Hello folks, thought I would try get an answer from this forum about my new SXP Extreme Defender. I just got this a couple days ago and was reading the manual today. It recommends disassembling, cleaning and oiling prior to use. The problem is I can't get the trigger group to pull out after I remove that pin. I removed the barrel, cocked the gun and put the safety on just like the manual said. Then removed the pin but the trigger group only lifts up about 1/8" I tried wiggling but no go.

I did clean and oil the mechanism the best I could, cleaned and oiled the barrel and fired a couple shots off without any problems.

Any ideas?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:09 am
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum Paul !!

Not familiar with that problem...but I sure someone here will be along to help...stand by !!

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:43 pm
Thanks for the welcome.

I actually figured this out. Shame on Winchester for not even having a manual for this specific model. The extreme defender has a pistol grip. This MUST be removed so that you can pull the trigger group out. So after much cussing and frustration the gun is now cleaned, oiled and back together.
20g
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:13 pm
Welcome Paul. Perseverance worked for you.
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired CWO3 USCGR

Return to Firearm Maintenance, Modification, Safety And Troubleshooting