RANGE EAR PROTECTION

Anything and everything related to firearm maintenance, modification, safety and troubleshooting can be posted here.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:04 pm
I use SUREFIRE EP3 Sonic Defenders...

EP3 Sonic Defenders protect your hearing without interfering with your ability to hear routine sounds or conversations. Their double-flange stem design fits most people and provides a Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 24dB. Sounds, at safe levels, are allowed to pass through into the ear canal, while potentially harmful noises (above 85dB) are reduced via a proprietary design that incorporates the patented Hocks Noise BrakerĀ® filter. EP3s include attached stopper plugs, which can be inserted for further protection, and they also block out lower-level noise like that heard on a plane. They can be used in situations where hearing ambient sounds or conversations isn't critical.

The right/left color-coded Sonic Defenders are made from a soft but durable, hypoallergenic polymer and are ergonomically shaped, with an adjustable-stem design, providing a secure fit, all-day comfort, and extended product life (3 to 6+ months, depending on usage and care). And their low-profile design means they can be worn while wearing a helmet or mask, or while using a phone or headset. Each set is packaged in a convenient carry case. Available in clear or black.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:46 am
About how much does a set of those run?
Administrator
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:37 am
Around 20 dollars if I remember correctly...
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:17 pm
I got them for $12 a pair at a PA gun show...so I bought two pair.

$13.95 (+s/h) from the Surefire site...

===========================================================

http://www.surefire.com/EP3-Sonic-Defenders

===========================================================

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:24 pm
Thank you much

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:52 am
I will have to check into a pair of them its hard to get a good cheek weld with the ear muffs i wear at the range thanks for sharing 13
"Im just a Peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns"

Return to Firearm Maintenance, Modification, Safety And Troubleshooting