Model 70 7mm WSM- Parts and direction needed

Anything and everything related to firearm maintenance, modification, safety and troubleshooting can be posted here.

.22LR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:13 pm
I have a 7mm WSM with a broken stock. It is the cheapy plastic one with the 2 piece trigger guard/ Mag cover. I have the follower and the spring, but need the other parts.

I intend to drop this into a Hogue overmolded stock set for a two-piece lower or a 1 piece depending on parts availability and pricing.

Can you all help me find what I need? I am searching ebay and all to try and keep this from becoming a $400 project. Thanks a million.

Hope you all vote today.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:31 pm
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum alabaster !!

I'll see what, if anything I can find...

.22LR
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:38 pm
MAN!!! I can't believe this... I have NEVER searched for parts like this without finding something. I have looked for some hard to find stuff before too!

I have looked high and low and can't find this stuff ANYWHERE. It's not that old of a rifle and it's a 7mmWSM, so I would've thought I'd see the stuff much quicker than NEVER.

If someone could point me to parts suppliers or something it would be a HUGE help. I've looked at :
Wisners
Brownells
Midway
ebay
natchez
numrich
winchester

GOODNESS GRACIOUS...... Thanks for your help guys.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:01 pm
Seems like you looked everywhere I can think of...

.22LR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:03 pm
FOund em on ebay. Had to buy short and long action sets because he was selling 'em as a "4some". $110 approx with shipping.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:48 pm
That's great...!!

.22LR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:35 pm
NOw I have parts......... I understand that the short action is the right one for the 7mmWSM. I have just ordered the extractor, spring, plunger, spring and the ejector, pin, and spring. I can't find the parts diagram fo r this rifle anywhere. Winchester is sending me one so that will help, but I need answers quick.

The receiver, barrel, bolt are all in fine condition. It's the small bits at the bolt face that I need to have. Does this seem like it? I am re-doing the ejector too

Thanks for your attention too, SHOOTER13.

Edit; I have the 2 piece trigger guard and hinged florplate now. I intend to drop this int a Hogue stock. I have the screws(3) from the trigger guard and the hinged short action floorplate. The follower and spring are good and so is the mag box...

Alabaster

Return to Firearm Maintenance, Modification, Safety And Troubleshooting