Typical Home Defense Distance

Anything and everything related to tactical and home defense use of firearms can be posted here.
.22LR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:35 am
What is the typical home defense distance you shoot at the range? I’ve heard 7 to 10 yards. What I did was pace off the maximum distance in my house about 15 paces and that’s the max distance I will shoot at the range. But I’ve also pattern my shotgun for shorter and longer distances to see what the pattern would look like. Much more than 15 paces and the bad guy would be outside and then I could have a whole new set of problems.
Frank
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:10 pm
Did exactly the same thing Marine...measured the longest distance in the hallway and in every room and use that as a basis for patterning loads from the shotgun as well as my handguns, including presentations from cover and firing without the sights off hip ( instinctive / point shooting ). I even practice with my weak hand...ya never know!
.22LR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:38 pm
SHOOTER13 wrote:Did exactly the same thing Marine...measured the longest distance in the hallway and in every room and use that as a basis for patterning loads from the shotgun as well as my handguns, including presentations from cover and firing without the sights off hip ( instinctive / point shooting ). I even practice with my weak hand...ya never know!

I like that. Thank you for your 32 years of service.
Frank
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:18 pm
...and your service too sir !!

.22LR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:58 pm
Good plan.
The power of life and death are found in the tongue - Proverbs 18 -21

An armed society is a polite society - Thomas Jefferson

Molon Labe -Come and take them-

Return to Tactical And Home Defense