SXP fore sight thread

.22LR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:48 am
Neck of the woods is a shooting term, used in the UK and I guess in the USA.
It simply means my area, or where I live, or even where I shoot :D :D

I have resolved my own question Yianni, being an engineer I wanted a foresight that fitted the same way as Winchester intended it, ie, it screws in ;)

24" is the minimum length of barrel here in the uk, there is also a minimum overall length of gun but I forget that.

We are not allowed to use slugs.

Good luck with the sport.

.22LR
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:44 pm
The thread for the SXP is not 3-56 is M3-.5mm

I made that mistake when the original bead on my SXP got lost somehow and I had to buy a replacement. The bead thread chart on Brownell's showed that Winchester uses 3-56 TPI threads. But i guess that chart is old and only refers to the US made Winchesters like the 1300s.
The current Winchester Arms and the SXP is a whole different beast altogether. It's made in Turkey so it would make sense they use a metric standard thread.
Anyway i ordered a new bead witha 3-56 thread thinking it was right. When I got it, turns out, NOPE. The 3-56 is too small for the SXP. Couldn't find the right metric bead so I just drilled and re-tapped it for a 6-48 bead.

As for the inertia pump thing. The key is don't try to hold the slide forward. You really don't need to. When the gun is ready to fire. Hammer cocked, round in the chamber, the bolt is locked anyway. It ain't gonna open on you so you don't need to hold it closed. I find that uncomfortable to hald a gun like that anyway. Either relax your hand or even give a slight rearward pull on the foreend before firing. Not much, just a slight pressure, like you're trying to pull the gun into your shoulder. once the gun fires, just let your hand go along with the pump. it'll open right up on you without you even trying. Then all you do is just flick it closed for the next shot.

This is the first and only shotgun I ever had and now, I really can't imagine shooting a pump-action where you actually have to consciously cycle the action every time.

Also you guys in Europe should be glad you atleast get 1 thing we can't here in the U.S. A Proper Defender model with 7+1 capacity.
Previous

Return to Winchester SXP