Extra barrels?

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:37 am
Does anyone know where I can buy an 18" or a 22" barrel for the SXP shotgun?

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:24 am
To add to that, is there a longer barrel for the SXP Marine Defender?

Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:23 am
http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/ ... mid=611251

These are the only barrels available for the sxp. Depending on what sxp you have an 18 might be available but you'd have to tell customer service what your sxp type is.

As for the sxp defender marine....yes, but I believe they only come in black. I don't believe a stainless 26/28" barrel exists. The black barrel that will fit the sxp is # 611257392. I think a black barrel on e stainless marine would look cool

Copper BB
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:18 pm
Talked to Winchester a couple days ago before I bought my SXP, and they said there will be one available for purchase shortly. I was specifically asking about a 22" rifled barrel, so I am not too sure it that is what you are after or not. Was told they would not work with the defender models though. Something to do with different chamber sizes
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:09 pm
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum gentlemen !!

Copper BB
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:37 pm
os2firefox wrote:Does anyone know where I can buy an 18" or a 22" barrel for the SXP shotgun?

The only short barrel option available now is the 22" rifled barrel as another person mentioned. The sites I have seen either do not carry it or it is out of stock. My 26" barrel is up for sale, but if not sold today, I will probably keep it and have it cut down at some later point. A gunsmith told me it can be done for $60 and will wind up being 18-19 depending on where a rib post is...
The reason the barrels are not interchangeable on Defender and standard models is the length of the magazine tube. Winchester prefers a 18" barrel on the Defender for some reason, but that's fine IMO.

I do know that Nordic components ( perhaps Choate as well ) is considering a magazine extension for the SXP, so at some point one could be modifying the gun to have a short barrel and the additional capacity. Then a minor issue becomes creating your own magazine dowel for hunting purposes...

Return to Winchester SXP