SXP not cycling!

Copper BB
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:10 pm
Hey everyone. i have bought my first shotgun and chose the sxp 28inch 31/2. however i have encountered a problem, when firing 31/2 inch bb 1 9/16 ounce KENT ammo, the fired round stays stuck in the barrel without any way of cycling it. Since i cannot pump the fired shell out i have to disassemble the gun to fix it. It has happened 5 times now and i have fired around 100 KENT rounds. However i have shot lots of 23/4 clay rounds and 50 remmington 31/2 2 shot 1 ounce 9/16 rounds and it has never happened.i have brought the gun twice to the store and they say after examining the gun that it is perfectly fine and it must be the kent ammo. And if it ever happens with a different shell then they will change my gun.
Has this happened to any of you winchester sxp owners???
Can it really just be the kent ammo??
What should i do??

thanks

Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:42 am
Take the store's advice and quit using kent ammo. They are dirty and pattern poorly. And apparently they also get stuck in the sxp. Seems like an easy solution to me.

Return to Winchester SXP