Bolt contacts shell carrier. Normal?

.22LR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:39 pm
When closing the action on my SXP Defender, the bolt contacts the shell carrier right at the outer locking lug. It takes a little bit of force to get past this point. Is this normal?

I don't notice this during actual firing, as I'm using much more energy in the whole ejection / loading cycle.

.22LR
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:46 pm
Followup:

I took the barrel off and slowly cycled the action. I'm not convinced now that the bolt and shell carrier actually touch. Boy it's close though. It may be just the way the action woks.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:46 am
My SXP Black Shadow begun jamming after 100 shots. Front stock jammed completely, had to disassemble the gun to get jammed live 12 ga 70 mm shell out. Gunsmith said that there was burr in the lock and he buffed it off and made a relubrication to my gun. Has been working since, shot ten shots since and no more jamming so far..... He said that material is a bit too shoft because it is aluminium. I think it started jamming after I tried dummy shells to release firing pin tension. Caution !! Do not put plastic dummy shells in to magazine, they will jam your gun and may cause burr

Return to Winchester SXP