SXP vs 1300?

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:19 am
I currently own a 1300 Defender. I bought it new and have probably only put 50-75 rounds through it over the years. I have a dedicated "fowling piece" so the 1300 has been reserved for HD.

I've been looking at the SXP Camp and Field combo. It would be nice to consolidate down to on weapon.

I've been trying to identify the exact differences between the 1300 and the SXP. Most of the stuff I've read though is from 2011 when I guess the SXP first came out so I assume there have been some improvements and accessories now available.

From what I have read that have the same fast action (rotating bolt). The 1300 is 7+1. The SXP is 5+1. What other significant differences are there? Is there an advantage to getting an SXP over getting a 28" birding barrel for the 1300? I'd like to find one with the invector choke tube but have been having trouble one with the full set of tubes.

Anyway, any help, suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:46 pm
Smooth,

I have had my camp/field combo for about a year and a half now, and have put about 8000 rounds through it with no issues. I really like this shotgun.

I also have an old model 120 that I have had for over 30. The guns are similar in the aspect that they are fast, reliable, accurate and fun to shoot. The differences are that the sxp is made in turkey, is easier to disassemble, has better choke tubes, is lighter, more versatile (especially the c/f combo).

The sxp is not a collectors gun. It is meant to be shot. I highly recommend it, especially for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:01 pm
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum Smoothboor and kopfjaeger !!

Copper BB
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:51 pm
Thanks for the welcome Shooter13.

Thanks for the reply kopfjaeger. You shoot a lot. I went and hefted an SXP and like the feel. If I can get a good trade on the 1300 I will make the switch. Otherwise I'll hang on to it. I do like the 7+1 capacity and I have a old S&W 1000 for birds and sport shooting.

Return to Winchester SXP