Winchester SXP Troubleshooting

Administrator
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:37 pm
Any issues, concerns or problems you may have with your Winchester SXP; this is a thread for troubleshooting.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:36 am
Well I just bought the new SXP waterfowl edition. So here's the deal. Took it out to shoot and found that the trigger pull was over twelve pounds. The trigger gauge only went that high. We guess it was at 15 pounds. I tried to call winchester.....never got a live person...anyone having this issue or have a fix? Otherwise I may have to take it to a gunsmith and have it worked over.....disappointed in it so far....

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:27 am
I would claim it as a warranty issue with Winchester :evil: see what kind of results you get..................... just my 2cents worth
"Im just a Peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns"

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:08 am
I finally talked to live person, they said I was the first to have an issue...they wanted me to send it back to get fixed....I chose to take it to a gunsmith......it's now down to 10lbs.......if you buy one of these...make sure you dry fire it....mine was a gift, so I didn't get the chance.....aside from the trigger issue....i like the gun

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:30 pm
Greetings:

When I was reassembling my gun, after the first shoot/clean, the small wire (retaining wire?) in the main pin hole seemed to somehow get bent, which then prevented reassembly. I had to kind of bend it back out of the way in order to get that pin back in.

I was surprised to have such a problem, and with the very first basic breakdown.

Comments?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:03 pm
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum ShotJack !!

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:32 pm
I got the waterfowl edition as well and as to my post in the review thread, great gun but one issue that I hope doesn't happen often. Twice I have had it jammed with the action closed. After firing the shot it wouldn't break open. The bolt turned a bit in the chamber, enough so that the lugs caught and would not come back through the grooves. First time I was able to work it open. Second was a no go and I had to completely strip the gun so there was just the bolt stuck in the barrel. I then was able to turn it with my hand and out it came. Hopefully this doesn't continue to happen, especially in the field. Still like the gun though. For a short fellow with short arms it fits me great.

.22LR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:22 pm
High brass or Low? We have this happen on the range quite often with cheap ammo. A power butt stroke normally clears it and puts it back in the fight.
The power of life and death are found in the tongue - Proverbs 18 -21

An armed society is a polite society - Thomas Jefferson

Molon Labe -Come and take them-

Copper BB
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:24 pm
akerscqb wrote:High brass or Low? We have this happen on the range quite often with cheap ammo. A power butt stroke normally clears it and puts it back in the fight.

This has happened with low brass value packs. That is all we use when skeet shooting. I normally use high brass when hunting. I kind of figured that could be the problem though I can't bring myself to doing the butt stroke with it. Did that one too many times with my old wingmaster and now have to fix the stock. If it happens again, I will just strip the gun.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:41 pm
Hey guys,

I bought a winchester sxp 31/2 28 inch gun. i have a problem when it comes to firing KENT BB 31/2 1 9/16 ounce bullets. once and a while the bullets seem to jam when fired and stays jammed in without any way of pumping it out. i have fired lots of 23/4 rounds and 3 inch rounds this never happened .the store where i bought it examined the gun twice now and said everything looks fine. Anyone else have this issue? may it really be the kind of bullet?

Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:48 pm
I completely disassembled my new SXP for cleaning and can't find anything on how to put the inertia spring and extractor back together. Where can I find instructions? Please help!

Return to Winchester SXP