(Winchester SXP) Akita Adjustable Hunting Stock Forend

Akita Adjustable Hunting Stock Forend for 12 GA Winchester SXP

NEW Ergonomic Forend Design with Non-Slip Texture
Weatherproof
DuPont® Extreme Temperature Glass Reinforced Polymer Stock
Available in Matte Black, Desert Tan and DyeHard™ Patterns
Manufactured in the USA
Limited Lifetime Warranty
http://atigunstocks.com/p-355-akita-adjustable-hunting-stock-forend-winchester-sxp.aspx
Administrator
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:47 pm
Winchester SXP 12 GA Stock Adapter for ATI's Akita Adjustable Stock

Winchester SXP Stock Adapter for ATI’s Akita Adjustable Stocks

NEW Military Type III Anodized, 6061 T6 Aluminum Stock Adapter
Manufactured in the USA

Fits: Most Winchester SXP 12 GA Shotguns

http://atigunstocks.com/p-366-winchester-sxp-12-ga-stock-adapter-for-atis-akita-adjustable-stock.aspx
Administrator
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:51 pm
(Winchester SXP) Akita Adjustable Stock & Forend

Akita Adjustable Stock & Forend for Winchester SXP
with Cheekrest & Buttpad

NEW Snap-In Cheekrest Plugs
NEW Non-Slip, Removable Scorpion Buttpad
Interchangeable Grip Inlays
Adjustable Cheekrest for Added Comfort (1/2”)
Adjustable 4 Position Buttstock
Weatherproof
Manufactured in the USA

Fits: Most 12 GA Winchester SXP.
http://atigunstocks.com/p-357-akita-adjustable-stock-forend-winchester-sxp.aspx
Administrator
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:53 pm
Winchester Akita Adjustable Stock & Forend in Desert Tan

Akita Adjustable Stock & Forend in Desert Tan for Winchester SXP
with Cheekrest & Buttpad

Weatherproof
Manufactured in the USA

http://atigunstocks.com/p-356-akita-adjustable-stock-forend-in-desert-tan-winchester-sxp.aspx
Administrator
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:56 pm
(Winchester SXP) Akita Adjustable Stock

Akita Adjustable Stock for Winchester SXP
with Cheekrest & Buttpad

Weatherproof
Manufactured in the USA

[url][url]http://atigunstocks.com/p-358-akita-adjustable-stock-winchester-sxp.aspx[/url][/url]

.22LR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:09 am
Just added this light and mount to my SXP Defender. Not my picture, but looks just like this. 320 lumens

http://www.mountsplus.com/AR-15_Accesso ... -MODC.html

Administrator
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:46 am
Thanks for sharing your new light. Be sure to report back after some time passes for an update.

.22LR
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:16 pm
I fired 10 rounds through my Defender with the above referenced SureFire G2X light and mount at the range yesterday. Everything went just fine. The mount didn't shift and I couldn't see any issues with the light blinking on / off while absorbing the recoil.

Man this SXP sure is fast. I've really gotten the hang of making the auto eject work. Wish I could shoot it in a Cowboy match :o

.22LR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:03 pm
Looking for a tube extension.
The power of life and death are found in the tongue - Proverbs 18 -21

An armed society is a polite society - Thomas Jefferson

Molon Labe -Come and take them-

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:48 pm
The Weaver Aluminum Multi-slot scope base Matte 416T for Winchester 1300 & 1400 fit my Marine Defender perfectly. Comes with screws. nine bucks (part # 48337)

Copper BB
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:45 pm
I have an SXP Defender and like almost everything about it. What I don't like is the front bead sight, and find myself throwing high when using it, consistently.

So the one aftermarket accessory I really need is a set of better sights. My preference is for a front dot night sight with a ghost ring rear. I have seen aftermarket sight sets like this offered for other Remington models, but nothing specifically meant for the SXP Defender. And I guess the rear sight might even need drilling.

Does anyone know how to do this, or know a company offering such an item for the SXP?

A universal rail solution would also work, perhaps.

I see some of the newer Remington models have such things standard, but that is too late to help me.

Expense not really an object, I just want to get decent sights on my favorite shotgun. Why is this hard?

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:39 am
3 weeks and there is nobody here? Come on, people...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:45 pm
I've shot many clays with my older Winchester1200, some with an sxp and thousands of them with my SX3 . I always need to leave some daylight between the sight bead & target". Most shotguns I've used will shoot slightly above the intended target if you cover the target with the bead or front sight. At one time, I had a scope mount on the 1200 with a red-dot 1x scope for using rifled slugs, but it would be too slow for birds or clays. Maybe you could try a slightly higher front sight if you cant get used to the stock one ? Its probably the quickest choice to acquire moving tagets and it might be a better choice for you depending on what you are using the gun for. It would cetrainly be the quickest and cheapest solution to lower your point of impact.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:19 am
Well all I can say is that was a really lame response.

I don't want a lecture on why I should like a brass bead with no rear sight. I want information on available aftermarket ways of putting a rear ghost ring on the shotgun.

Winchester is now offering several models that come original with rails for exactly this reason. Pretending it isn't an issue with the base SXP is pretending.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:07 pm
akerscqb wrote:Looking for a tube extension.

I was told by Nordic recently that the SXP is one shotgun they are considering adding an extension package for. They did not indicate any time frame when one could be available...

.22LR
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:43 pm
Buckshot Barry wrote:Just added this light and mount to my SXP Defender. Not my picture, but looks just like this. 320 lumens

http://www.mountsplus.com/AR-15_Accesso ... -MODC.html

Wow, nice looking setup..I just got an SPX Today and was looking for a light set up. This answered my questions! Thanks
Gunslinger 1
LTC (Ret)
Infantry

I'm a man.....I can change.....if I want to.....I guess....

.22LR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:32 pm
Just ordered a Surefire light and mounting combo from MountsPlus...will advise on it's form...fit and function...
Gunslinger 1
LTC (Ret)
Infantry

.22LR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:25 pm
Any opinions on red dot scopes?
Gunslinger 1
LTC (Ret)
Infantry

.22LR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:10 am
Gunslinger 1 wrote:Just ordered a Surefire light and mounting combo from MountsPlus...will advise on it's form...fit and function...

Just mounted the Surefire LED to my SXP Defender and it looks great! Thanks again for the tip Buckshot Barry!

:lol:
Gunslinger 1
LTC (Ret)
Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:05 am
JasonC wrote:Well all I can say is that was a really lame response.

I don't want a lecture on why I should like a brass bead with no rear sight. I want information on available aftermarket ways of putting a rear ghost ring on the shotgun.

Winchester is now offering several models that come original with rails for exactly this reason. Pretending it isn't an issue with the base SXP is pretending.

Sorry if you felt that my response was lame, just wanted to let you know what has worked for me. I mainly use my shotguns for hunting & skeet shooting, and the factory bead has always served me well. Adding sights to my shotguns would not work for me, they would just get in the way. Good luck with your mods and I hope it works out for you and helps to improve your shooting.
Administrator
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:29 pm
JasonC wrote:I have an SXP Defender and like almost everything about it. What I don't like is the front bead sight, and find myself throwing high when using it, consistently.

So the one aftermarket accessory I really need is a set of better sights. My preference is for a front dot night sight with a ghost ring rear. I have seen aftermarket sight sets like this offered for other Remington models, but nothing specifically meant for the SXP Defender. And I guess the rear sight might even need drilling.

Does anyone know how to do this, or know a company offering such an item for the SXP?

A universal rail solution would also work, perhaps.

I see some of the newer Remington models have such things standard, but that is too late to help me.

Expense not really an object, I just want to get decent sights on my favorite shotgun. Why is this hard?

https://vangcomp.com/ would be the first people I would give a try. They are well know in the Mossberg and Remington world but I know they work on a variety of other firearms. I would give them a call and tell them Dan sent you. Keep us updated.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:52 pm
Does anyone have an Extreme or Ultimate Defender with the threaded barrel w/door breach that they don't want? I'd like to swap my standard SXP Defender barrel+cash for barrel w/breach if someone wants to. I understand I can thread my barrel and get other breach options but prefer the factory breach.

Thanks.

.22LR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:57 am
Just installed an ATI Talon stock and forearm kit on my SXP. Couldn't get the mag follower out of the shell Tube to replace it with the kit follower. Front one came out without a problem...anyone else had a problem with this?
Gunslinger 1
LTC (Ret)
Infantry

.22LR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:30 pm
Gunslinger 1 wrote:Just installed an ATI Talon stock and forearm kit on my SXP. Couldn't get the mag follower out of the shell Tube to replace it with the kit follower. Front one came out without a problem...anyone else had a problem with this?

Well, I answered my own question....called the factory and talked with a techy. Come to find out...the factory bottom mag follower unit doesn't have that same grooves and the top piece which would allow it to be removed without any hitches. Therefore you have to muscle it out with a ram rod or something like a ram rod and knock it out. Doesn't damage anything and the ATI replacement mag follower pops right in.
Mystery solved!
Gunslinger 1
LTC (Ret)
Infantry

Next

Return to Winchester SXP