Winchester SXP Accessories

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:05 am
JasonC wrote:Well all I can say is that was a really lame response.

I don't want a lecture on why I should like a brass bead with no rear sight. I want information on available aftermarket ways of putting a rear ghost ring on the shotgun.

Winchester is now offering several models that come original with rails for exactly this reason. Pretending it isn't an issue with the base SXP is pretending.

Sorry if you felt that my response was lame, just wanted to let you know what has worked for me. I mainly use my shotguns for hunting & skeet shooting, and the factory bead has always served me well. Adding sights to my shotguns would not work for me, they would just get in the way. Good luck with your mods and I hope it works out for you and helps to improve your shooting.
Administrator
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:29 pm
JasonC wrote:I have an SXP Defender and like almost everything about it. What I don't like is the front bead sight, and find myself throwing high when using it, consistently.

So the one aftermarket accessory I really need is a set of better sights. My preference is for a front dot night sight with a ghost ring rear. I have seen aftermarket sight sets like this offered for other Remington models, but nothing specifically meant for the SXP Defender. And I guess the rear sight might even need drilling.

Does anyone know how to do this, or know a company offering such an item for the SXP?

A universal rail solution would also work, perhaps.

I see some of the newer Remington models have such things standard, but that is too late to help me.

Expense not really an object, I just want to get decent sights on my favorite shotgun. Why is this hard?

https://vangcomp.com/ would be the first people I would give a try. They are well know in the Mossberg and Remington world but I know they work on a variety of other firearms. I would give them a call and tell them Dan sent you. Keep us updated.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:52 pm
Does anyone have an Extreme or Ultimate Defender with the threaded barrel w/door breach that they don't want? I'd like to swap my standard SXP Defender barrel+cash for barrel w/breach if someone wants to. I understand I can thread my barrel and get other breach options but prefer the factory breach.

Thanks.

.22LR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:57 am
Just installed an ATI Talon stock and forearm kit on my SXP. Couldn't get the mag follower out of the shell Tube to replace it with the kit follower. Front one came out without a problem...anyone else had a problem with this?
Gunslinger 1
LTC (Ret)
Infantry

I'm a man.....I can change.....if I want to.....I guess....

.22LR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:30 pm
Gunslinger 1 wrote:Just installed an ATI Talon stock and forearm kit on my SXP. Couldn't get the mag follower out of the shell Tube to replace it with the kit follower. Front one came out without a problem...anyone else had a problem with this?

Well, I answered my own question....called the factory and talked with a techy. Come to find out...the factory bottom mag follower unit doesn't have that same grooves and the top piece which would allow it to be removed without any hitches. Therefore you have to muscle it out with a ram rod or something like a ram rod and knock it out. Doesn't damage anything and the ATI replacement mag follower pops right in.
Mystery solved!
Gunslinger 1
LTC (Ret)
Infantry

I'm a man.....I can change.....if I want to.....I guess....

.22LR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:42 pm
FYI. If anyone is thinking about getting the Winchester SXP Extreme Defender Pump with the non-adjustable ATI stock, they have the TactLite Stock Retro Kit for ATI T2 Shotgun Stocks, Part #: B.1.10.1624.c, which will change it to adjustable.
Next

Return to Winchester SXP