My First Winchester SXP

Administrator
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:50 pm
I pulled the trigger today and ordered my first Winchester SXP today. I went with the Super X Defender 12Ga 18" from BudsGunshop.com since they had the cheapest price around.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/52704
Administrator
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:51 pm
when it comes in ill be posting up pics and videos of my new toy.
Administrator
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:07 pm
I look forward to seeing pictures and future modifications to it.
Administrator
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:15 pm
Finally my Super X Defender came in, i will have picture up shortly. I can't wait to take it out this weekend. :D :D
Administrator
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:31 pm
Here it is :D

Administrator
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:06 am
Looks great! Can't wait to see it evolve as you begin to test the various available accessories for it.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:59 am
Congrats on a fine shotgun...!!

Looking forward to a range report...
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:28 am
stags30 wrote:I pulled the trigger today and ordered my first Winchester SXP today. I went with the Super X Defender 12Ga 18"

Nice gun :)

As i've never owned a pump action shotgun , i was thinking of buying this exact model to keep it's stablemate , my SX3 company in the gun cabinet.

One question though , apart from the fun aspect of using a pump action , are there any practical advantages of a pump rather than the usual s/s autoloader or o/u

Marc :?
Last edited by motormadmarc on Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God Created Man And God Created Woman
Sam Colt Made Them Equal
Administrator
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:27 am
motormadmarc wrote:
stags30 wrote:I pulled the trigger today and ordered my first Winchester SXP today. I went with the Super X Defender 12Ga 18"

Nice gun :)

As i've never owned a pump action shotgun , i was thinking of buying this exact model to keep it's stablemate , my SX3 company in the gun cabinet.

One question though , apart from the fun aspect of using a pump action , are there any practical advantages of a pump rather than the usual s/s autoloader or s/s ,

Marc :?

Thanks guys, and that is a good question I myself have never owned a autoloader but my brothers both have one. From my experience with using a pump shoty and a autoloader is that other than bird or turkey hunting there no real difference in using a pump for hunting. Also most pump shotguns like my Super-X-Defender are a fraction of the price of autoloaders. So I prefer to use pump shotguns in the woods when I'm hunting or just messing around hitting targets, because I'd rather scratch up a 300 dollar shotguns then a 1200 dollar one. Also there's no better feeling then when you go threw five rounds using the pump action. You feel like Rambo :D .

This is just my opinion on autoloaders vs. Pump shotguns.
Administrator
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:17 pm
Well i know its been close to 2 months since i purchased my SXP defender but i was finally able to bring it to the range. I love the thing, i did some skeet shooting with it this morning. Loved the way it shot, didn't have ant trouble hitting the clays, even with that 18inch barrel.
.22LR
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:25 am
Love mine. Wow you waited two months before shooting it? You have more willpower than I do.
Frank
Administrator
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:05 am
haha it was killing me not shooting it, the reason behind not shooting was that i had ankle surgery. Going to the range and hunting wasn't in the mix of things at the time. But i do love the thing, i would have to say its my favorite shotgun that I've come across and shot.
.22LR
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:28 pm
Just teasing, love mine also. Read my review on the SXP to see the problem I had shooting a pump shotgun until I found the SXP Defender.
Frank
Administrator
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:45 pm
yea i know you were just messing around. i had read your review just before i replied to this thread. I felt like i had to share what happened to me.
.22LR
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:40 am
stags30, when you purchased your SXP did you get a magazine plug with it? I did not have one in the box and I was just wondering if there should have been one.
Thanks
Frank
Administrator
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:18 pm
Mine did not come with one either. And I will be posting pictures and reviews about those ATI stock in 2 weeks. Not sure if your in a rush to get a stock, if you are let me know and I will try and get them done sooner for you so u can see what they look like and get a friendly opinion on them.
.22LR
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:23 pm
stags30 wrote:Mine did not come with one either. And I will be posting pictures and reviews about those ATI stock in 2 weeks. Not sure if your in a rush to get a stock, if you are let me know and I will try and get them done sooner for you so u can see what they look like and get a friendly opinion on them.

Thank you for your responce, no hurry.
Frank

Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:08 pm
stags30 wrote:Well i know its been close to 2 months since i purchased my SXP defender but i was finally able to bring it to the range. I love the thing, i did some skeet shooting with it this morning. Loved the way it shot, didn't have ant trouble hitting the clays, even with that 18inch barrel.

It will be great for skeet, also jump-shooting rabbits & grouse. Word of caution, if you take it to the woods in snow, be careful. I did that with a Mossberg 930 in the midwest and found that if one slips in snow going up an incline, I tend to plant the stock in the snow for a brace. When you do that, that short barrel can be uncomfortably close to your face, instead of protruding past your head :o I gave up on that venture.

Return to Winchester SXP