SXP First Trip To The Range

.22LR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:10 am
Took my new Winchester SXP Defender to the range today and after 100 shells of assorted loads, high brass, low brass and 00 buck all I can say is, what a great shooting shotgun. I’ve been around the block a few times and have shot many shotguns but this one has to have one of the smoothest actions I’ve ever had the pleasure to handle. I bought my SXP for home defense and I’ve read a few reviews on other sites that criticize the magazine tube only able hold 5 shells. My way of thinking is if I need more that 5 shells of 00 buck then I’m in a world of sh--. I know the gun can hold 5+1 but I keep my shotgun with the chamber empty. I also have 5 extra shells on a sleeve holder. If I ever get that bump in the night and I have to rack that first round and if I have the time I’ll slip another shell into the magazine tub. Great gun for only $299 at Gander Mountain. :D
Frank

Return to Winchester SXP