1892 Winchester 25-20

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:22 pm
Just bought a second 1892 .25-20 looking forward to getting it, a 20" SRC. appears original .
Too old to be nice, never too old to learn!

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:10 pm
Congratulations.

My uncle has a Marlin 1892 that belonged to my Great grandfather, also in 25-20.

He bought it expressly to kill a man with, and did.

Guy had been giving my great grandfather a hard time. Harassing my grandmother and her siblings often on the way to and from school. Throwing rocks at them and such. Just being a mean and ornery old drunk.

My great grandfather told him to knock it off, guy shot and killed his dog right there beside of him and made some more threats.

Great grandpa didn't take kindly to it and told him he'd better be making things right because he was going to die when he got back.

He rode his horse to Hazard and went in and bought the gun and a box of shells from Montgomery wards.

Rode back to the guys house and killed him with it as soon as he opened the door right where he stood.

Great Grandpa got 2 years hard time in the pen over it, but often said it was worth every minute of it.

FWIW, was told the judge didn't really even want to sentence him because of it, but since he had no remorse over it, felt he was obligated to.

Coincidentally, that was the first rifle I ever fired.

Return to Winchester Model 1892