1911 dated Model 1892, Restoration project (Pics)

Copper BB
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:01 am
Hello Gentlemen,

I am new here to these forums, and this particular rifle, i was just handed an incomplete rifle that used to belong to my grandfather, it is missing some components, notably, the hammer assembly, the magazine spring, the follower, the magazine plug, the barrel bands, the tang screws, and the butt plate, I believe the trigger to also be incomplete.

I looked up the serial number on the receiver, and the rifle looks to have been produced between 1910 and 1911, and never refinished. the patina is, in my opinion, quite beautiful. and I plan to take utmost care to keep the rifle in the condition the years have put it in, but bring it up to mechanical spec, and get her shooting again.

She is chambered in 25-20 WCF.

ok, so the photos thus far:

the wood is in really good shape

So, If any of you fellas can recommend a good parts resource online for these rifles, and/or identify anything that you see missing here, that would be fantastic.

Thank you in advance for your comments and feedback,
Bravo

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:23 am
I believe the locking bolts are missing. You can find a really good schematic on egunparts.com, and they will have some parts. You might also try all the gun auction sites. Several sites come up on the internet if you search for obsolete Winchester parts but I cannot vouch for any of them simply because I have never purchased from them save one some years back. Neat project by the way and good luck with it.

Edit: Just checked gunpartscorp. They have your magazine spring for just over $5.00.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:16 pm
" Jack First " was a great resource for obsolete parts too!

his catalog was 3x as thick as Gun Parts Corp (Numrich) but I don't know if he has a website or not.

Return to Winchester Model 1892