Current production m92... Anyone?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 12:55 pm
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum Lazarus !!

Thanks for the input...
20g
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 3:50 pm
Hello Lazarus! Glad you came onboard.
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired CWO3 USCGR

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 1:14 am
Hi guys,
thank you so much for the warm welcome! :)
I have a blast with these rifles. I have never even handled a lever gun before July of 2014. After being a gun owner since 2005 and starting with pistols, my latest gun interest seems to be lever guns. I own semi-auto pistols and rifles, bolt actions, pump action shotguns, but nothing is more fun than a lever gun, I have found. It's the same feeling I get when I shift my gears in my car.

Any time I go shooting now, one of my Winchester 92s has to come with me. Just too much fun. They're definitely not cheap rifles and I don't drop them in the dirt or try to run them unnecessarily hard, but I do not keep 'em in the safe either.
Even when not shooting, the walnut stock and especially the rich bluing is just phenomenal.

Here is a photo of one of my Winchesters I took a while back

If anybody here wants any pictures or info about any particular part of the gun, please let me know and I'll do my best.
20g
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 5:34 am
I like it.....very nice wood. I prefer the short Winchesters over the long. Just my preference. SRC is my favorite.
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired CWO3 USCGR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:55 pm
Very nice Lazarus! I'm jealous :)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:02 pm
Awesome wood on that baby...very nice pic !!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:55 pm
I bought a New Winchester 1892 Short in 44 Mag approx. two months ago.
Love the rifle, it is smoothing out the more I cycle and shoot it. As far as the tang safety and the rebounding hammer. They are no problem, the safety is there if I wanted to use it (which I never do use it) and does not bother me or interfere if I don't want to use it. I don't ever even notice the safety when I am out shooting. The rebounding hammer has never once failed me yet. I bought the short rifle because I am only 5'5" tall and it fits my LOP just right.
Made better than the post 1964 Winchesters and fit and finish is perfect.

20g
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:07 pm
I have never owned or fired a '92. I like the profile it presents in the pic. Thanks for posting.
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired CWO3 USCGR

Return to Winchester Model 1892