Winchester Model 1892 Troubleshooting

Administrator
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:53 am
Any issues, concerns or problems you may have with your Winchester Model 1892; this is a thread for troubleshooting.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:44 pm
Why do I consistently get some orange tint on my oil patch when wipping down the exterior of my new Model 1892 Large Loop? I don't have this issue with any of my other guns. Have I wiped the blueing off already?

Thanks,
Skint
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:44 pm
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum skint !!

When you wipe the "exterior"...does that include the wood finish ?!

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:38 pm
I had an experience with a new Miroku 92 that I thought that I would share. When I received the gun, the action had an extremely tight spot in it...to the point that the back of your hand would be bruised after 50 rounds of shooting. The tight spot was on both the open and close stroke when the bolt was ~7/8 inch open. the gun was useable, and I kept thinking that it would loosen up with use, but it didn't. Most blogs blamed the tight action of the Miroku 92s on the springs, but I felt that there was something else wrong with this gun. I finally decided to take it apart to try to learn how it worked and see if I could improve it. I drove out the leaver pin and tried to remove the leaver ... it felt like the leaver was jammed in and would not slide out (like they did in the youtube videos). I kept disassembling the lower tang and trigger assembly, and leaver eventually let go and fell out. I saw nothing unusual with the parts so I oiled and carefully reassembled the gun. When I got the gun back together, it ran perfectly! No tight spot any longer! I did nothing but take it apart and reassemble it. Thinking about the problem, I believe that there is one most likely root causes: the leaver pin was was not driven in far enough from the factory and was dragging over part of the action. However that doesn't explain why the lever felt jammed in and would not slide out when I removed the pin... either way, my 92 is working great now, but I am still curious what the problem was. If anyone has had this problem before, let me know.

Return to Winchester Model 1892