Winchester Model 1892 Description

Administrator
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:54 pm
http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/ ... amily=022C
Not many firearm models today can boast of having had over one million produced. The Winchester Model 1892, very similar in construction to the Winchester Model 1886, is one of these famous lever-action rifles. It is much like a compact or carbine model of the famous 1886 and has the same dual, vertical locking system for impressive strength. Many of its components have been scaled down and simplified to handle the smaller calibers, and here is where this nostalgic rifle shines. It is famous for its light weight, low recoil and responsive, easy handling. It displays a genius of design that makes it a modern-day treasure. The Winchester Model 1892 features a beautifully finished walnut stock, blued barrel and receiver, finely fit with precision and pride.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:05 pm
I have a model 1892 32 wcf the # is L36149 can any one tell me what year it was made? thanks
terryhaney55@yahoo.com
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:37 pm
I'll dig out my books and see what I can find out for you...give me a day or two !!

.22LR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:09 pm
I always use this site to find out the year of manafacture. http://oldguns.net/sn_php/winmods.htm

I don't know about yours having an L at the start??? I'm no expert,but have only struck 92s with straight numbers.

My 38/357 Rossi has a K1354xx number. Your rifle is not a Rossi is it? Rossi 92s actually are normally more expensive than Winchester 92s here as they are in modern calibres and generally in better condition. The prices of the 92s has finally crept over the $350 for a good one here.
"I'll helpyou down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

Towns tamed, widders consoled, deep thoughts thunk, sipping whisky graded.

Return to Winchester Model 1892