New to forum, new to '94

Copper BB
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:56 am
Thought I'd do an intro. I own several handguns and an M4, but I have always wanted a Winchester '94 30-30. I was waiting to purchase some holiday gift certificates at my local gun shop last weekend. It was packed with shoppers, so I looked at the used rifle rack. They only had a handful of lever action carbines. Mostly Rossi's. But, at the end of the rack stood a '94 in 30-30. I new it was post '64, right off. But, it was in pretty decent condition and had no safeties. I couldn't see the bore very well (Didn't have my glasses with me), but the crown looked good. They wanted way too much for it. So, I did a little haggling. I still paid too much, but I finally got my 30-30.
I took it home and cleaned it up and found it to be a well cared for '76 year model. I'm a shooter not a collector, so I'm satisfied with it. I haven't shot it yet, since I don't have 30-30 in my stock caliber inventory. I ordered a couple hundred rounds online. Should be here next week, sometime.

I don't know that I can contribute much, but I hope to learn more about the '94, here.

I frequent several gun and guitar forums, so I know folks like pics...so here's a pic.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:06 pm
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum Nugun55 !!

My favorite Winchester is a 1977 top eject Model 1894 chambered in .30WCF ...I've taken more Pennsylvanian Whitetail Deer with this carbine than all my other hunting rifles combined

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:33 pm
Had my first range day with the '94, today. Whoa...nice. Really enjoyed shooting it. Not sure if my shoulder will feel the same way, tomorrow. Has quite a bit more kick than my 6.8SPC M4. :lol:

What a fun gun to shoot. I can see how it got it's popularity. A lot of power in a small package.

Return to Winchester Model 1894