model 94 problems

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:24 pm
im working on a model 94 for my father its a mid 1964 here is the issues with the firearm the shell will fall out of the tube and go under the CARRIER as a live round is starting into the chamber WHY FEEDING , other issue is the leaver will fall open when walking on safety. any help would be nice on what to fix, , thanks im new to FOURM ,

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:24 pm
While I am not a gunsmith by any sort or means. I AM NOT GOING TO PROVIDE ANYTHING MORE THAN THIS!!!
The link on the next line takes you to the Model 94 exploded view and parts list.
http://www.rarewinchesters.com/images/E ... 20View.jpg
If you look carefully at what the Lever moves you will see the part that stops additional shells from jumping in.
You may be looking at something as simple as a missing screw, or could be a broken part.
I know this is little help.
Now if this is an older gun you may just want to visit a reliable Gun Smith

I own a Model 94-32 WS dated between 43 and 45...
Good luck
:roll:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:25 pm
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum johndeere !!
.22LR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:15 pm
Hi,

I would refer to a good local gunsmith, before trying to shoot this rifle.
Although the mechanism is simple compared to others, once they don't work, the best bet is for an expert gunsmith to repair it. Especially since there might be several things wrong with it.

"An ounce of prevention..."

Good luck!

Return to Winchester Model 1894