What to buy, Newer or Older?

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:33 am
I have a buddy whos dad owns two model 94s and is willing to sell me one for a good price. One is from 1965(serial 28xxxxx) and one from (I'm assuming 1994) serial 60xxxxx. They are both in excellent condition and havent had a large amount of rounds through them. My dilemma is that one is a Model 94 Ranger 100 year version. On the right of the receiver, it says 1894- 1994 and has NO engraving. This one has a scope already mounted and a sling included. The other is from 1965, not a Ranger, and is in really great shape, but comes with nothing extra. I was told by the seller that to put a scope on, if I wanted, I would need a side mount of some sort since the top is not tapped for scope mounts.

Which one should I get? Both are in almost the same shape as far as wear and tear goes and I can get them for more than likely right around the same price. Which one would you get and why? Thanks!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:13 pm
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum Nickx3 !!

I would get the Model 94 Ranger 100 year version...just because it is more unique.

Return to Winchester Model 1894