available barrel lengths and when?

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:48 am
I have a buddy that bought a nice little model 94 the other day that was built in 1958, has a 16" barrel, and in every way looks just like my earlier SRC's... except no "ring" and the barrel markings are spacing is pushed together much closer than my guns.

So, thought I'd do a little research, which turned into a lot of research, and although iv managed to increase my knowledge of 1894's, I can not determine for certain that they build a short barreled carbine (Trapper or such) in '58... lots of info about earlier Trappers, and piles about 1980 and newer...

will someone please be merciful enough to fill me in and educate me or whatever so i can sleep tonight!

thank you!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:08 pm
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum kosmok !!

Winchester ceased manufacturing 16-inch Trapper Carbines in August of 1942, and ceased production of those with shorter (14 & 15 inch) barrels in 1934.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:36 am
It could be that the barrel was cut down by a previous owner.

Mike T.

Return to Winchester Model 1894