Display question.

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:46 pm
Yikes..always wanted to shoot one of those. Wznna trade it for a sczbbard? I got one with fringes...

20g
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:25 am
You'll shoot your eye out!
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired CWO3 USCGR

Copper BB
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:30 pm
My late father was in the Army/Air corps during WWII. Didn't see any action. He told my brother and me a story about being on a beach with a bunch of other trainees. There were fox holes dug in the sand. One of the trainees was handed a Thompson full auto. He squeezed the trigger, panicked, and sprayed rounds all over. Everyone dived into the fox holes until he emptied the clip. Made quite an impression on my father.
Dad was on a "flat-top" en route to invade the Japanese mainland when the A bombs were dropped.
20g
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:10 pm
Interesting backstory Ken.

I was assigned to an anti-tank company with the USMC in Korea. We had several Thompsons. Tankers had 2 per tank with drum magazines. Support had 2 with stick magazines, the Thompsons didn't sling well with drums. We also had M1 Garands, M1 Carbines and semi-auto .45s. BTW....just so we can remember.....Magazines have springs, Clips do not. The M16 accepts magazines. The M1 Garand accepts clips.
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired CWO3 USCGR

Return to Winchester Model 1894