1957 94 value please

.22LR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:27 pm
Looking to purchased my first Winchester lever action. Looking at the Winchester 94 30-30
Fully functional looks original good bore and possibly the stock has been refinished. Any idea on price?
Richard
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
- G. K. Chesterton
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:30 pm
Best idea is to go to the auction sites like Gun Broker and Guns America and see what prices are given for the rifle in the condition you describe above...
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:29 am
These came out of the box new at $199.99 in 1989 (J C Penney mail order), so they had to be (I'm guessing) at or about $100.00 to $125.00 in 1957. They have kept their value, as well as increased in value (what the Market will bear), if they have been well maintained. Old age does not mean well maintained but parts are readily available to make it a fine shooter again if the barrel is good. A rifle of that vintage should be looked over from barrel to butt stock and down the barrel for certain. Look for pitting in the barrel, a sure sign of abuse from neglect. If the barrel is good, the rifle functions well, chambers a factory round well, puts a 2nd significant indent on a once fired but empty case and primer, then it is not unreasonable that the seller might expect as much as $400.00 - $450.00, as the Market will bear. Pictures help. $350.00 might be very reasonable, as they are selling for more I think. At that time I believe all Model 94's were top eject so do not believe that a scope can be mounted on top. Side mounting a scope was not a prospect for me.
If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Return to Winchester Model 1894