Winchester M1894 AE .30-30 scope mount

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:18 am
Been quite a while since I worked on this . Kind of gave up .

Tried to mount a scope on the rifle , with Waver 2 piece mounts , best I recall .

Could not get enough elevation . Can not remember if it needed to go up or down . :-(

I tried shimming the scope , in one of the rings . Got to the point where the shims were too thick for the standard ring " caps " to work . The standard screws ended up being too short .

Best I remember , one of the bases could be turned 180 degrees . Tried that and no joy .

Any helpful ideas ? My eyes are getting too old to do much good with the iron sights .

God bless
Wyr
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:11 am
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum !!

Please introduce yourself to our community via the New Member Welcome Area...

Enjoy the forum.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:13 am
BTW...your reloading question was removed from the M1894 area...

If you want to talk reloading...the Ammunition sub forum is where you should post...

Thanks !

.22LR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:35 pm
This is the thread I mentioned in my post. I gather that you have no answer, but I am hoping you have folks that frequent this site that could answer the question. As the originator of this thread, without optics, my 94AE is a useless gun safe filler.

Return to Winchester Model 1894