Advice: Best way to sell 1894 30-30

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:54 pm
Hi, I have been living abroad for many years and have now determined it's time to sell my old guns. Problem is that I've been out of the firearms scene for so long I have no idea what is the best way to sell them. Thought I'd ask the question here as there will be people here that do this sort of thing all the time. I don't want to break forum rules so I'm not offering anything for sale here, just seeking advice about where I should offer it in order to get a fair price. I don't need top dollar but shudder to let them go for 50% at the local gun dealer. The model 1894 in question is a 1902 make, saddle ring carbine with tang sight. Any advice you could provide would be helpful, thanks.
20g
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:13 pm
Welcome to Winchester therapy!

You might try one of the online auctions for the best price such as Gun Auction or Gun Broker. Do a reserve or just list with a start bid. Don't start to low, as you can relist if it does not sell for your price.
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired CWO3 USCGR

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:25 am
Thanks redryder, I'll try and educate myself on how to use those online services.
20g
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:51 am
You can post for sale on this board. A few rules apply.

Go to: Board index » Marketplace » Firearms For Sale

For guidance.

You will need to wait awhile until meeting the minimum time and post requirements on this forum. Meanwhile you can learn about the auction sites and how to list here.
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired CWO3 USCGR
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:03 am
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum !!

Please introduce yourself to our community via the New Member Welcome Area...a mandatory step for membership.

Enjoy the forum.

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:07 am
The presentation technique on an auction site seems to aid in realizing its worth. A lot of sellers 'make stuff up' to get more. My advice - get a Cody letter on the Winchesters, take lots of good photos and let the market decide. If it has collector appeal they will find it.

Return to Winchester Model 1894