Model 94 .32 Win Special Manufactured in 1951

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:36 am
Posting some photos finally of my Model 94 .32 Winchester Special, manufactured in 1951. She has been well kept over the years.

This started my fascination with Lever Action rifles. My Grandfather carried her afield with him often when deer hunting. He passed away in 1979 and I inherited her. I took my first deer with her as matter of fact as a young teenager. Of course growing up on old westerns on B&W TV naturally Lever Actions were period correct, this also helped my fascination with them.

My Father, also carried a lever action Savage Model 99 in .300 Savage always and this was the first centerfire rifle I had ever shot as a young lad, now belongs to my Son, and was also his first centerfire rifle he had ever shot. This along with my Grandfather spurned my taste for Lever Actions.

My all-time favorite Lever action is a Model 88, which I recently obtained a very nice first year of manufacture, 1955, in .308 the only caliber they were offered in that year. I have a list however of Model 94's I plan to acquire now that I am able to do so. But enough rambling here she is!

Noli Me Tangere

NRA Sustaining Member
WACA Member
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:48 pm
Lever Actions are some of my favorite firearms...
20g
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:38 pm
Excellent looking 94.

I smile every time I see a firearm passed on to a family member. I have my late Dad's rifle and shotgum. Handling them while cleaning brings back memories. And some times wet eyes.
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired CWO3 USCGR
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:48 pm
Thanks yet again Redryder! My Grandpa taught me well on how to take care of and maintain firearms.

I too smile when I see a firearm passed down to a family member. Yes indeed, lots of memories, and yes always brings tears to my eyes. Making memories seems what matters most to me.
Noli Me Tangere

NRA Sustaining Member
WACA Member

Return to Winchester Model 1894