Model 94 Mods

Copper BB
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:37 am
I just bought my first rifle and I'd like to customize it a little bit to my liking. It's a 1973 Model 94 in 30-30. I looked at no drill rails and they're unattractive, and I don't want to epoxy the gun or drill anything. So I'm looking at peep mounts or a red dot that mounts at the rear dove mount. I also want to refinish the gun eventually. What's a good choice for red dot or peep sights for this gun?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:53 am
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum !!

Please introduce yourself to our community via the NEW MEMBER WELCOME AREA...so that we can get to know you better...

Read all the rules here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21

Enjoy the forum.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:57 am
Myself, I tend to gravitate to a tang mounted peep sight, specifically the kit offered by Marbles. I will be getting one for my BB94 in the near future as I struggle with open sights these days.

Williams offers a receiver mounted peep sight that is a bit less $$$.

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:30 pm
RIDE-RED 350r wrote:Myself, I tend to gravitate to a tang mounted peep sight, specifically the kit offered by Marbles. I will be getting one for my BB94 in the near future as I struggle with open sights these days.

Williams offers a receiver mounted peep sight that is a bit less $$$.

:D I sure hear what your saying "a struggle to see" With my old eyes I have tang sights on all my shooters
I put the MVA long range on my Shiloh and My 1876 45-60 .. :roll: The old lyman tang sight works well for me if it has a3/4'' or larger cup !!!

But....in a pinch the full California Buck Horn works!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :o

Ol Deuce
Do The Best With What You Have!!!!

Return to Winchester Model 1894