Winchester Model 70 Coyote Outback 308 Experience

Copper BB
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:15 pm
I am buying a new in the box Winchester model 70 Coyote Outback 308 and it says it has the MOA trigger system installed. Would this gun be made from the new FN factory? The Winchester website says they were produced in 2006 and they were discontinued, so I wonder if they just made a bunch of them and they did not sell or what since I have seen quite a few brand new ones in the box? I really like the looks of this rifle and I hope it's performance is worth the money spent. Does anyone have any experience with this model?
Attachments
308.jpg
308.jpg (164.59 KiB) Viewed 3352 times
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:32 pm
Hi mate,

I like the look of that rifle. I do not have any personal experience with it but from comments from people that have owned the HV and stealth models and love them as they are very accurate, I would not expect it to perform any worse than those models. Do you know if its bedded action and floated barrel. I wish it was in Oz as I'd be happy to buy it.

I have two pushfeed actioned Win 670s and they are so accurate and have just been bedded and floated. They are a dream to shoot. But that rig looks to be well decked out I'd be surprised if it wasn't a sub MOA shooter.

How many gorillas are they asking for the rifle?

Cheers

Jorge
“The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!”

Return to Winchester Model 70