Pre 64 model 70 featherweight

Copper BB
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:02 pm
I was going through my fathers safe today as he mentioned possibly selling a few of his rifles. There was a 1953 model 70, .308 featherweight in poor condition that belonged to my mothers grandfather. This rifle just felt right in my hands. He told me to figure out the value and make an offer. The action was stiff as it hasn't been touched in 30 years or so. The bluing was maybe 30-40%, not rust or pitting, just wear and tear, this was a working mans tool. There was multiple scratches, light gouges on the barrel, receiver, and trigger guard. The stock was whole without any cracks but there wasn't an inch on it that didn't have scrapes an scratches through the finish. I'm told it fires well though.
I'd like to know a fair value to offer. I know some of these older featherweights are collectors pieces but the condition is not good on this one. If the price is right I'd like to own this, but if it still holds high value then it's out of my price range.
Any thoughts?

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:28 pm
Im no expert but i would say no lower than $700,just to be sure go check and have it apprased
"Im just a Peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns"

Return to Winchester Model 70