Scope suggestion

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:26 pm
I picked up a like new Model 70 in .300 H&H at a gun show yesterday. It came with rings but no scope. I want o use this rifle to hunt large game in northern California where I live. Des anyone Abe a suggestion for a good scope at a decent price? This is my first Model 70.

I collected military firearms for many years and this is the first non-military arm I have bought. I have a M1 I set up to shoot commercial ammunition to hunt wild boar that was very effective. I wanted to go on elk and deer hints with my friends so I bought the Model 70. I was looking for one in 30-06 but the on diction of he one I bought was too good to pass up. Also I can lad my own rounds for deer in the .300 H&H caliber.

Any suggestions re appreciated. I am trying to find a decent scope at a reasonable price.

Bob
.22LR
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:14 am
For deer size game I'm partial the 2.5x8 Leupold.

It's plenty of magnification, simple, reliable, and has a very forgiving eye relief.

I also use a couple of the Zeiss Conquest 3x9. They sometimes fit a bit better on long action rifles.

Cabelas has recently had them on closeout at a great price.

Congratulation on your Winchester.
Cdog - NRA Benefactor Life Member -
-2016 USA Shooting Team Supporter-

Return to Winchester Model 70