Winchester 70 Jack O'Connor Tribute rifle....WOW!

.22LR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:04 am
Had a snowy cold weekend but managed to take the JOC out to the range. Man, this thing wants to shoot. The conditions were less than optimal but it still managed to stack 3 out of 5 shots on top of each other. The other two just cut the lines of the other bullets giving it a 1/4" 5 shot group at 100 yards. I shot two boxes of bullets. I found it to be a inherently accurate rifle and makes you look good even on your off days. One box was Hornady 130 SST and the other a Federal Fusion 130gr. The Hornady are the accuracy king out of my rifle but the much less expensive Fusion is no slouch printing 1/2" groups. I am going to pick up a few more boxes of Fusion just to shoot economically. I hear they are also a respectable hunting round so its money well spent. I have noticed the silky smooth action is even smoother after about 250 shots. The gun just keeps getting better as it gets used. This is one of those guns that your proud to own because its got the performance to back up its good looks.

I had to hang it in my office when not being shot just so I can look at it. 8-)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:24 pm
I really love the wood on that 70
Thank you for sharing with us
THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN DEMENTED PEOPLE PLAY WITH POWERFUL TOYS
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:27 pm
Beautiful Rifle.

They go for about $4k here in Oz.
“The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!”

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:05 pm
I worked in Lewiston Idaho where I met Jack O'Connor. I was doing research on the Clearwater River and interviewed many natives in the area during my project. I'm glad I did not get a rifle with Lewiston spelled wrong. The switchbacks leading down from the rim of the canyon above Lewiston down the the dam and the town were remarkable.

I own one of these rifles and am very pleased with it. It is one of my favorite rifles and the one my son likes the best. The workmanship is amazing for the price. I set up my with a Leupold scope as Jack would have. The stock quality of the french Walnut was very carefully watched by quality control. The Jack O'Connor Center and Brandon O'Connor and Glen Hatt of Winchester deserve great accolades for bringing this rifle to fruition. I believe this is one of the single most valuable Winchester collector items and should be used and enjoyed in the field.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:26 pm
Post a picture when you find the time DaveyJ !!

Return to Winchester Model 70