Model 70 Alaskan 375 availability

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:41 pm
Hi guys,
I've been looking to add a Model 70 in 375 H&H (Stainless is a must) to my arsenal for hunting in the NW US. The problem is I'm having a hard time finding them....looked on GB, called several LGS that I buy most of my guns from here in Texas (granted there is probably not many 375 H&H guns down here anyway) and just keep striking out.

If I've done my research correctly... within the last 10 years, Winchester produced two Stainless Model 70s in 375 H&H:

-M70 Stainless Classic (PN# 535012138)
-M70 Alaskan Stainless Laminate (PN# 535142138)

Why can't I find these anywhere? Any suggestions on how to locate one? I'm almost to the point of cold-calling some shops in Alaska to see if they have any on the shelves. Thanks in advance

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:41 pm
Did you try to get your shop to order one from his distributors? I've had some success through my local shop with that approach, as they won't stock oddball stuff I like. :D

Copper BB
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:41 am
Hi p.d.,
yep, I talked to several of the larger gun shops around (they even use different distributors) and the LGS talked to their distributors but aren't having luck. By the way, thanks for welcoming me to the forum in the other section and also the reply. I guess the only options for now are keep an eye on Gun Broker (unlikely though, as none have been sold in the past) and do some cold-calls to local shops in the northwest US. Unless you have other suggestions

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:50 am
Well, good luck on the search. I can attest that they do exist. A gun shop buddy ordered and received one about 18 months ago for a hunting trip to Alaska and I saw one at a Louisville gun show about three years back. Real helpful to you now, right? :mrgreen:

Copper BB
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:57 pm
Toomuchfun, I saw one at Wild West Guns in Anchorage a couple months ago. Don't know if they still have it or not, but it was new and very nice. You can get in touch with them through their website.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:45 pm
How about Davidson's Gallery of Guns...?

They will ship it to any FFL you specify:

http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/default.aspx

Return to Winchester Model 70