300 h&h parts

Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 7:22 pm
New to the forum guys so excuse me if this has been discussed already. I have a bit of a soft spot for the 300 h&h but as you all know Winchester no longer offers this chambering. Custom seems to be the way to go. I purchased a rifle to build off of. A model 70 South Carolina gun chambered in .264 win mag. I had the receiver modified to specs of my .375 h&h action and have it being rebarreled now. The mag, ejector, bolt stop and maybe the follower are different on my .375 compaired to the .264 parts and I'm having trouble locating these items. I've contacted Winchester and had no luck also Numrich is out of stock. The parts I'm looking for are recent made and I can't figure why nothing is available? I can remove the block in the mag and shorten the bolt stop I have but the ejectors for these two guns are different enough that the .264 win cannot be modified to the same dimentions as my .375. I do have access to machining equipment and some very good machinests but think I should be able to find parts for a 3 year old gun. Anybody know of another supplier for these parts or have any other ideas?

Thanks, Kirk James
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:07 pm
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum Kirk !!
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:00 pm
Hey KJ,

Try eBay or Gunbroker you may have some success there. I buy most of my Winny parts on eBay.

Cheers

Jorge
“The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!”

Return to Winchester Model 70