My New Model 70 Super Grade

Copper BB
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:12 pm
DaveyJ wrote:This is my Tiger Striped Super Grade Model 70 .243 Shot Show Special. This rifle is wonderfully accurate!
The workmanship is truly amazing for the price. The action is super smooth. This is the quality current Model 70s are capable of being!

That's a great looking Super Grade for sure, Davey.The workmanship on these new Super Grades is just great for the price .I love mine, it shoots out to 400 and 500 hundred yards .I can't wait for the new season to start.

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:05 am
To jimmitch.......your 7mm Rem Magnum Super grade looks awesome. It seems to have a really complex burled grain which is great. I find these rifles very capable of shooting out to 500 yards. I also am certain that any slight stock finish problems could be totally reversed by sanding the stock and putting on a hand rubbed oil finish like the Birchwood Casey Finish. I can even adjust the color with that finish. Always better to leave the factory stock finish until you want to fix it since it is very durable and requires very low maintenance. The hand rubbed finishes do require a little more work. My friend Jack O'Connor totally preferred the hand rubbed finishes. Your Super grade and mine though came with a modern finish that looks great and requires less work to keep it that way. Experts like Chuck Hawks are very critical of molded stocks as they new don't look that good and over time do not hold up as well as many think they will. I shy away from the 7mm Rem Magnum due to recoil but it is one of the best magnums available anywhere.

Return to Winchester Model 70