Coyote Ammuntion

Anything and everything related to hunting can be posted here.

Moderator: Ridgerunner665

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 6:23 pm
To Red Ryder: I just goggled the Red Ryder BB gun at my local Tractor Store where I have a farm business account. They have the Red Ryder BB gun in stock for $29.99 and I am going to buy one of those on my next trip to Plattsburgh, NY. I will take some photos of that new gun and state that it is amazing that they are STILL available! I admit I have often wondered if Winchester could make some safe toy gun but as Ruth Talley has written to me....it is possible those days are completely over. Although in some senses it might not be good to mix toys with the real deal.

I still appreciate it GREATLY that Winchester Model 70s are not covered with huge warning signs. And I think that is partly due to the great company and MANY responsible customers that have done everything humanly possible to see that these wonderful rifles are used responsibly! I do think though that if a young boy grows up being very happy with a certain BB gun....then he thinks of guns in a happy way as an older guy. That is how it has been for me, and I am sure for our Red Ryder!! When I saw that BB gun in The Tractor Supply a year ago I had to pinch myself to see if I was just day dreaming that such a BB gun was still being made and selling for such a decent price. Soon I will own one. Although it will never be as treasured an BB Gun as one you owned as a boy!

My grandsons are in their twenties. A Model 70 is a way better gun for them to use. They do shoot ours and think they are very well made and that it is vital to our country to be able to own such great rifles.
20g
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:08 pm
The toy manufactures are pressured by production cost a liability. They must cut the costs somewhere. This means plastic and unnecessary warnings all over every toy made. Same with the firearms makers and vendors. Winchester ruined some of their recent models with the recessed receiver safety. They did change to a upper tang safety. Which is a tad more acceptable. This is silly. The hammer notch safety was/is as safe as the other methods IMHO.

Most schools are discouraging kids to play with toy guns. Therefore, fewer are enjoying the times I enjoyed with toy guns.
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired CWO3 USCGR

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:37 am
To Red Ryder: Just talked directly to Daisy in Rodgers, Arkansas. Then we placed an order for 4 Red Ryder 75th Anniversary BB Guns from Amazon.com. This is a real success story for Daisy and your comments helped us decide what we wanted to do. This is at least the longest continually licensed arrangement in USA history if not the entire world. The new rifles have done very well in accuracy and quality control reviews. It is absolutely amazing they still are available. The 75th Anniv. Red Ryder is assembeld in the USA and built from USA and China manufactured parts and has only the trigger and trigger guard made of high impact polymer plastic.

A little ways of the coyote topic.....I did start a Toy Winchester post on the Forum. BB Guns are still alive and well. Toy guns though are on a distinct downturn despite incredibly high EBAy prices for them as nostalgia items.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:07 am
A little ways OFF the coyote topic

.22LR
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:29 am
All,

It has been a while since I posted. I wanted you all to know that I settled on a .243 Winchester Cartridge.
I now have a Model 70 Pre '64 (of course) in .243 Winchester and it is a heavy barrel one. No real reason for the choice of barrel, it is what was available and what I wanted to get.

As of today I have NOT had a chance to shoot it but that will happen soon. I am in the process of loading up some ammo for it.

Anyway, I wish to thank all that have contributed to this thread.

Oh, I also now have a .22 Hornet Winchester Model 70 Pre '64 (again - of course).
Like the song goes; "rolling, rolling, rolling - rawhide"... only for me is "loading, loading, loading - yeehaa!"
NRA Life Benefactor Member, Ham Radio (K7CCA)
20g
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:32 am
Hello Win 70. Welcome back and congrats on your Model 70.
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired CWO3 USCGR
Previous

Return to Hunting