Pre-war beauty

Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:07 pm
Good evening all.

Recently, I began working in a gun shop here in my home town. It's pretty small, our whole inventory being not much larger than my personal inventory ( :mrgreen: ), but every once in a while, we get some neat stuff.
On New Years Eve, I came in to work and the boss asks me to go into the back and check out the Winchester on the table and tell him what I think about it. Not sure what to expect, I went into the back and find a leather scabbard that probably cost more than the Beretta I just bought.
I opened it up, and find a very nice Winchester 70 stuffed inside. The bluing has only a couple wear spots, and the stock has a couple dings, But I don't think this rifle has ever been fired. Serial number 16XXX. (I don't have any pictures at the moment, but I should get some next week. Stay Tuned.)

Here's the other neat part. The boss picked it up for $550. :shock:
I'll get some pictures as soon as I can!

--TK
Winchester:
Because Winchester

"You want the shiny?
you gotta work your Hiney!" - - Jeff Williams

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:58 pm
Well TK, in any context absent some surprise, it sounds like a bargain, aka typical dealer acquisition price. Looking forward to some good photos to save several thousand words! :)
Yet unless saving descriptors for a climactic unveiling, such basic info as to chambering, barrel length, sighting equipment, all useful. Then too particularly addressing the scourge of such rifles, whether the bridge is tapped and the matter of a recoil pad installed... all these things relevant and a nice part of ''Coming Attractions'! Hope if you like it, you can make it yours!

My take.
20g
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:36 am
You did good Trinity. Not an every day event in a gun store.
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired CWO3 USCGR

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:36 am
Wow, it is a dream job for sure. As they say on tv, you never know what will come thru the door.

Hope he lets you buy it ..

Pics !!

Return to Winchester Model 70