770 in .243

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:56 pm
Well I just purchased a Model 770 chambered in .243 Win. really cheap.
I have not seen it yet and have been told the cocking piece(?) is broken. Not that I care, like, what's another rifle to work on :lol:
My dad had the very same model and caliber.
This will be a great rifle for me, urrr I mean my wife :lol:
Should be fun!
When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. Tuco
20g
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:10 pm
Heck Will, you're getting set for a winter project or 2. Hope the fix is easy and cheap.
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired CWO3 USCGR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:14 pm
redryder wrote:Heck Will, you're getting set for a winter project or 2. Hope the fix is easy and cheap.

Well the .225 is was beyond the horizon and just about all of a sudden this old 770 appears. Sorta like the saying about one door closing etc...
I have in the past put more time and money into a firearm or motorcycle than it was worth as far as resale value goes and that includes my own and customers. I suppose our figuring is that resale value does not dictate what we believe something to be worth.
Though there was this 1970 Triumph Daytona a fellow brought over for me to look at a few years back. I told him I could not fix it as just by looking at it I figured about 1/4 of the engine cases and some other parts were still somewhere scattered along the road where it blew up. And I mean it blew up, out, back and sideways :lol: .
20g
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:47 am
My first narrative of a motorcycle exploding. What a surprise to the rider.

Most everything I have owned and now own are over book. I tend to add to the holding or some how make them better for me. I don't buy to sell, I buy to enjoy.
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired CWO3 USCGR
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:25 am
Amen Red...!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:50 pm
Friends of like mindedness!
Life has dictated at times that I sell something of mine to take care of something or someone else. And I do say that looking back I cannot remember buying anything for the purpose of reselling.

Sad thing about the Triumph was I told the owner less than one week before it blew what he ought to do or it would blow. He did not want to take the time or spend the money to do it.
Lesson learned and he did indeed learn and remember.

Return to Winchester Model 70