Is the ultimate shadow bedded? Accuracy?

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:35 pm
Can anyone tell me if the ultimate shadow is bedded? How is the factory stock and accuracy?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:42 am
Model 70 Ultimate Shadow Specs:

•MATTE METAL SURFACES help reduce glare
•ALLOY ONE-PIECE BOTTOM METAL WITH STEEL FLOORPLATE adds rigidity for better accuracy
•FORGED STAINLESS STEEL RECEIVER WITH INTEGRAL RECOIL LUG IS BEDDED FRONT AND REAR to eliminate shifts in zero for exceptional long-range accuracy
•PRE-’64 STYLE CONTROLLED ROUND FEED WITH CLAW EXTRACTOR fully controls cartridge from magazine, to chamber, to ejection
•SPORTER WEIGHT FREE-FLOATING STAINLESS STEEL BARREL for years of pinpoint accuracy
•M.O.A. Trigger SYSTEM with zero take-up, zero creep and zero overtravel gives you outstanding accuracy
•Win Sorb™ TECHNOLOGY RECOIL PAD for optimal protection against felt recoil

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:31 pm
Thanks - I could not find that spec.
I called Winchester in Utah and was told since 2006 all model 70's are bedded whether they have a wood or synthetic stock. The nice man also said the ultimate shadow has a "true" spotter barrel which is a heavier than the featherweight.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:09 am
No problem...glad to help.

Return to Winchester Model 70